[Pmwiki-users] Search results that point to tag instead of page

Ted Stern stern+pmwiki
Tue May 4 15:34:13 CDT 2004

I have a site that has lots of tags and entries scattered across a lot of
pages.

It would be useful to have a search feature that returned links to the actual
tags instead of the pages that contain them.

Say that I have coerced my users into using the style

    Q:[[#Q1 Q1]]: How do I do X?

    A:[[#A1 A1]]: Here's how:

for all Q&A type questions.  It is then easy to search for #Q and find all the
pages with questions on them.  But the Search results don't show the tag, just
the page.

I'd like to show the text immediately after the found-tag in the search
results.

It might also be nice to have the search results sorted by date so that one
could see what questions had been updated most recently.

Sorry if I'm bringing up old topics, I'm just getting started and I didn't see
anything under Cookbook or Development about this.  The FAQ Index proposal
doesn't meet my requirements because it is restricted to a single page.

Ted
--
 Ted Stern                                 Applications Group
 Cray Inc.                               office: 206-701-2182

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break that I may reveal
 (The Paleontological Society motto, equally apropos for debugging)