[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-url confusion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri May 7 10:36:15 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 01:11:52PM +0100, J. Meijer wrote:

> The point is: as a user of pmwiki I cannot simply write the page name and
> get the right url independent of the installation. I researched the various
> (many) options to write the link required and found no eureka.

It's not PmWiki's fault.  The problem is that different installations
of Apache and PHP have different ways of handling the PATH_INFO variable
(i.e., the part that goes after "pmwiki.php" in a URL).  However, using
the ?pagename=... syntax always works, regardless of installation.

I give a very long description of the problem at
http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2004-April/004365.html.  In short, it's nothing something that any PHP script can fix
consistently because it depends on how PHP was installed and the
configuration of the webserver.

> The question is: is there a format that allows one to specify the
> Group&Page&Action independent of the underlying url-format, allowing pages
> to be portable?

[[ThisWiki:?pagename=[[$Group]].[[$Title_]]&action=edit  sometext]]

should always work.