[Pmwiki-users] Importing Wiki pages

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Fri May 7 19:51:44 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:56:29PM -0600, *** Dave Hill wrote:
> I have three, four dozen pages in WikiServer, which are simple plaintext, no
> headings, diff info, etc.  If there's not a trivial way of doing it, I can
> simply hand copy them over.  Not worth writing a conversion file; I just
> wondered if there was something I was missing.

Here's an easy way to do it with pmwe, found in pmwiki's script
directory:

 EDITOR="sleep 1; cat /path/to/the/textFileToImport >>" \
     pmwe GroupName/PageName http://www.myPmwikiSite.com/wiki/

Throw the above into a bash script, either with one line per file to
import, or a simple "for" loop, and you'll be done in a few minutes.