[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: spaces in uploaded files

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun May 9 15:45:29 CDT 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Fabio Reis Cecin wrote:
> The "Attach:" markup should not render for files that are already
> uploaded, because a link named "Attach:file.txt" on the wiki makes
> it look like the name of the file to be downloaded by clicking on
> the link is "Attach:file" with extension "txt".

This is a good point.

I don't have any problem with changing "Attach:file.ext" so that
it renders as "file.txt" for files that have already been uploaded--
this is fairly easy to do.

> Summing up, I think breaking compatability with
> [[Attach:file.txt link to file]] is actually a GOOD thing!

However, I'm against breaking the symmetry of [[target anchor text]]
for just this one instance.  (I'd be willing to do it as part of a
larger change to markup if we decide to head down that path.)