[Pmwiki-users] password problems

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue May 11 12:43:07 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 07:20:46AM -0400, Ross Kowalski wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has an account with 1and1.com and if there is
> any problem with pmwiki authentication.
> I did some diagnosis and even a fresh install of pmwiki exhibits the
> same behavior.
> Everything looks fine, but the login popup never accepts a password set
> with attr or any default paswwords set in local.php
> Any thoughts as to what might cause this behavior.

This happens when PHP hasn't been installed as an Apache module (i.e.,
if PHP is part of a CGI script).  Try switching to using session-based
authentication -- i.e.,

   include_once('scripts/sessionauth.php');

Because of the number of times this has popped up recently I'm thinking
about having PmWiki default to using session-based authentication if it
detects that it's running as a CGI script (can be overriden by an
$EnableSessionAuth variable, of course).  Any comments?