[Pmwiki-users] Re: Group.Page&edit

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri May 14 06:48:45 CDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, J. Meijer wrote:

> Instead of writing
>
>    [[Group.Page&action=edit edit page]]
>
> I am allowing the action to be defaulted:
>
>    [[Group.Page&edit edit page]]

I don't think this would be a good idea in general, especially if you're
using other (custom made) options to the URI. And it might be a bit
confusing since I normally use a '?' in the URI, e.g.

	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Group/Page?action=exit

But I can certainly see the need for easier 'edit-links'. How about
solving that particular problem directly using some new markup instead?
We could use:

	[[edit:Group.Page edit page]]		->	edit page

which is very close to

	[[Edit:Group.Page edit page]]		->	edit page

which we could simply interpret as an interlink-prefix, i.e.

	Edit:

is an interlink-prefix that results in the correct URI for editing a page.
The user can now choose between:

	Edit:Group.PageName			->	Edit:Group.PageName

and

	[[Edit:Group.PageName edit page]]	->	edit page

> Anyway I'd like to repeat my vote for an internal portable URL-format where
> one does not have to remember, consider or type the '?pagename=' nor the
> '&action-' part.

I agree that this is annoying :-(  but I'm not sure introducing a special
is a good solution. Maybe this could be fixed in the function that does
the formatting (can't remember its name). For instance,

	Group.PageName?par=val

should be converted into either: '...pmwiki.php/Group/PageName?par=val' or
into '...pmwiki.php?pagename=Group.PageName&par=val' depending on how the
wiki is configured.  Maybe it already should work like this, but there is
a bug somewhere?

Perhaps this formatting function should also be capable of handling:

	Group.PageName&par=val

Patrick?

/Christian