[Pmwiki-users] Request for Change: Newline after GroupHeader and before GroupFooter

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun May 16 16:09:45 CDT 2004

In the past I've thought about automatically inserting newlines after
GroupHeader and before GroupFooter -- the problem I ran into is that
this sometimes generates extra unwanted paragraphs in those cases where
someone does properly end the header or page with a newline, and because
they're automatically inserted there's not always an easy way to work
around it.

OTOH, if no newline is automatically inserted, it's at least fixable by
an author once the problem is detected, although it may be a bit hard to
understand what's happening or why.

But, I don't have a strong opinion on this, so I'll defer to majority
preference on this one.  Or perhaps it'll have to be left as a configuration
option of some sort.

Pm