[Pmwiki-users] blockquote

Lloyd Budd lloyd
Wed May 19 13:18:52 CDT 2004

On 13-May-04, at 10:27, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 10:05:12PM -0400, Lloyd Budd wrote:
>>
>> Is there pmwiki syntax for <blockquote> ?   Block quotes are my
>> favorite way to do outlines , particularly by nesting them ?
>
> There's no specific markup to do blockquotes, although it's
> possible to create one.  However, have you tried the '->' markup
> for outlines?  It does basically the same thing, but follows the
> W3C recommendation to use <div> instead of <blockquote> for indents.
>
> ->I. Top level
> -->A. Second level
> -->B. Second Level
> --->1. third level
> --->2. third level

Hi PM ,

Thank you for the detailed and helpful response , as always .

The difficulty I have with this functionality , and things like
bullets (/$#/) is that because I have
      local/config.php $HTMLLinebreak = "<br>"
it breaks up those structures .  Thinking further on it , I would
likely have the same difficulty if <blockquote> was implemented.

Now if there was a way not to have breaks within the other
structures : either a different break , or less desirable having to
manually escape "<-" that would be something else ...

O look @ that , this can already be achieved by using "\\" on lines
that I want within the other structure .  As Mr. Burns would say ,
  "Excellent"

Peace ,
Lloyd