[Pmwiki-users] Going directly to a page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun May 23 09:07:11 CDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 03:45:39PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Would it be useful to have a mechanism that lets the user to go directly
> to a specific page?
> [...]
> * Have a text-input field somewhere at the top where you can directly type
>   the name of a page (or 'Group.PageName').
>   Drawback: Requires some space.

One can always overload the search box for this (as has been discussed
in previous threads).  The idea is that if someone types in a page
name in a search box they're automatically taken to that page instead
of conducting the search.

> * Have a select-field  with all group.pagenames, i.e. this HTML
>   * The selector could list pages in the current group
>   * The selector lists "group homepages" and pages of the current group
>   * The selector lists pages specified by a trail page

This is not bad -- I really like the idea of a selector listing pages
specified by a trail page.