[Pmwiki-users] Spamming technique

Crisses crisses
Sun May 23 09:23:23 CDT 2004

> So a tip for the admins is to do a search for '%white%' on your
> sites...

I've "delete"'d a number of WikiSandbox pages lately because of this --
delete puts the page revisions in places webcrawlers won't get to them,
thus the people won't get the hits they want.  And has the bonus of
reverting the WikiSandbox page to that which comes in wikilib.d

%white%, otoh, doesn't work for me, because I don't use a white
background template.  I'm not sure any of the wiki colors match my
site: I don't think I'm even using websafe colors :P  And I get
notifications when people hit my WikiSandbox, so now I can check it
like I check any other updated page.  I wish I had so much real content
that it would be a nuisance for me to do so...

As a security feature for sites that get too many spider-hunter links,
it's possible to disable external and non-intermap links until approved
by the admin on the site...if those are the only links we keep an
"approved" list of or something like that, it might work ok....and of
course that would be optional.

Hey, has anyone tried to run a grep on their site in the wiki.d folder
to see all http:// requests in their pages?  maybe I'll do that (just
to eyeball what comes up).  an initial "approved" file would be pretty
easy to make from there.

Crisses