[Pmwiki-users] wiki-formatting of included wiki-pages

Knut Alboldt alboldt
Tue May 25 01:02:57 CDT 2004

>Is there a reason that [[include:]] won't do what you're
>wanting to do here?
>
>Pm

I like the idea of the Trail2Menu implementation. What I'm missing is the
possibility to use links, which are not a PmWiki-Link, e.g. to other
websides or using the Wiki-"Markups" ThisSite: ThisWiki: etc which are not
resolved in Trail2Menu (because trail.php is not resolving it).
Because I need only a two level Menu I thought to implement a kind of
conditional include:
e.g.:

Main.SideBar:

* group 1
=groupsidebar:group1
* group 2
=groupsidebar:group2

etc. This Main.Sidebar will be displayed on every page (I disabled the
$Group.SideBar in my template using only Main.SideBar)
The implementation of substituting "=groupsidebar groupname" will only
substitute the tag by the corresponding contents, if the displayed page is
within the group, so "=groupsidebar:group1" will be displayed only within
pages of group1 etc. (the used markup-style is just for testing, when it's
finished - and be ready for a cookbook entry, I might better use the
[[...]] style)
To implement this with include it first needs an include implementation
like [[include:ThisGroup:SideBar]] or [[include:$Group.SideBar]] with the
option, that the include is only resolved on a certain condition (page of
the specified group is displayed).
So that would need to change the include-implementation - and the goal is
not to change the pmwiki.php-script.

I will look for another way, maybe a can change / insert the array of text
you mentioned.

Thanks for your quick help.

Knut