[Pmwiki-users] Re: vspace paragraphs

Val Sharp val
Thu Nov 4 16:06:24 CST 2004

chr at home.se, on 03.11.04 22:37, wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Val Sharp wrote:
>

>>As a champion of standards in HTML and CSS, I find the use of
>>paragraphs solely to create vertical space less than ideal.
>>
>>Is this actually still necessary, or simply a legacy from the original
>>way that PmWiki generated HTML?
>>
>>For example, I see P elements are no longer being used in list
>>elements, and bare text is neatly contained in P elements.
>>
>>Might we not dispense with the 'vspace' paragraphs, and style margins
>>on P elements to create the desired vertical spacing?
>

> Are you talking about the generated HTML here?
>
> Or about using a blank line in the markup to indicate a new paragraph?

Sorry Christian, I missed this post earlier ... the blank line is fine
to indicate end of one paragraph and the start of another - it was
more the generating of an additional empty paragraph element solely to
create vertical spacing between them that I was questioning ... but
you probably figured that out several posts ago  :-[

--
Best regards,
Val