[Pmwiki-users] Re: error -- "Cannot acquire lockfile"

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Nov 17 00:42:45 CST 2004

It could be two things.

1) Could be that the file is there, but just hidden.  A lot of FTP
programs don't show files that start with a period.  Files like
.htaccess and .flock won't show up in your ftp program.

Try fiddle with the settings in your ftp to show hidden files, or try
downloading SmartFTP (free for non-commercial use).  www.smartftp.com (i
think).

2) Maybe it's the absence of the file that is causing the problem.  You
could try upload the .flock file from the distribution.

Hope that helps.

Steven Leite