[Pmwiki-users] Re: Restore failed after spam attack on wiki.lyx.org

chr@home.se chr
Mon Nov 22 07:34:30 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 01:21:40PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > Here's the error message I got:
> >
> >   1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file wiki.d/txteq95Kf.rej
> >
> > Unfortunately I didn't feel I had time to take a copy of the original
> > data, since I wanted to primarily fix the problem.
> >
> > This is however a serious drawback IMO, that the restore operation can
> > fail...
>
> Yeah, it seems to be an issue with diff(1)/patch(1) not being quite
> as robust as we might like.  The phpdiff.php script (distributed since
> 1.0.11, default in PmWiki 2) seems to actually work more reliably.

It really is something that *must* work I think... especially in a
situation like this where a page was attacked by spam.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr