[Pmwiki-users] Strange behavior with MailPosts

David Spitzley dspitzle
Mon Nov 22 13:12:06 CST 2004

Hi, all, I've just joined the listserv, and I need some help with the
MailPosts feature in PmWiki 1.0.13, running on a Windows server with the
PHP sendmail library enabled.  I'll warn everyone that this is a little
weird:

a)  the only way I can get MailPosts to generate e-mails is if I place
a copy of the mailposts.php file in my locals folder and make the
include_once command in my config.php file point to there, rather than
to the copy in the scripts directory.  I've confirmed that the
permissions on both directories and mailposts.php files are identical,
and other files in the scripts directory are working fine.

b) when I do that, MailPosts generates e-mails, but it does so a soon
as I attempt to edit a page, rather than after I save the edits, and it
>also< fails to display the editing screen; I get an empty page rather
than the editing form.  This appears to be linked to whether any changes
are currently recorded in the .mailposts file; once the e-mail has been
sent, clearing the entries from the .mailposts, the edit screen can work
normally.

Any suggestions on what's happening here?  I can post my config.php
entries if that will help, though there's not much there, and it's
pretty straightforward.

David