[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki.LayoutBasics

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Nov 28 21:51:19 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 11:42:40PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:

> I think examples are good.  :-)  You could just have several on
> the website if you don't want to put them in the tarball.
> Especially for those of us struggling with css for the first
> time.

...and let this be a call for skin contributions (and updates to existing
skins).  Given the new skin configuration setup, ideally a skin should
be something that can be unpacked into a wiki's pub/skins/ directory,
have the administrator set $Skin='skinname'; in config.php, and it
"just works".

> I would especially love to see a nice skin that does it
> all with css, left-side nav, middle body, right-side nav, plus
> header and footer, with no tables.

Perhaps we can migrate the bare skin and a few of the other skins
into the 2.0 cookbook.  It'd also be nice to see skins that are
strongly commented.

> Oh, about the left-side nav, is it easy to make it context
> sensitive?  For example, to make the link you're currently at
> <strong>.

It wasn't easy prior to 2.0.beta1, but it should be *very* easy to do
now!  I'll see if I can put together an example skin (or adapt an existing
skin) in the next couple of days.