[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki offline

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Nov 30 20:03:05 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 02:24:46AM +0100, Benjamin Fay wrote:
> Hi.
> How can i turn the whole site into html and make it accessable on a local
> system without the need of a server.
> Is there a simple solution making a PmWiki installation offline browsable.
> With e.g. wget and
>  for file in $(ls *.html); do ex -c '%s/http:\/\/www.url.com\///cge' -c x
> $file; done
> i don't get anywhere. (of course...)

Actually, this has come up several times, and based on another (off-list)
message I sent earlier I'm going to see about making a change to PmWiki
such that it will accept optional .html extensions at the end of URLs.
If PmWiki is called with a .html extension on the pagename then it
propagates the .html to any links it generates.  I think with this change
one could literally use wget or other web-capturing tools to obtain a
working, static copy of a wiki's pages.