[Pmwiki-users] Vote on [:directive:] vs (:directive:) vs other suggestion?

chr@home.se chr
Fri Oct 1 09:16:41 CDT 2004

Voting time people!

What do we prefer?
	[:directive:]
	(:directive:)
	something else?

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I know that [:directive:] is difficult for many keyboards to type, so a
> strong chorus of support for (:directive:) (or any other single
> alternative, with few negative votes) would convince me to switch even
> at this late date.
>
> Otherwise I'm pretty sure that [:directive:] is going to be the syntax.

So there you have it... we should speak now or forever hold our tongue.
(See other post for possible workarounds involving multiple syntaxes,
and/or automatic syntax conversion during save).

FYI: The problem with [:directive:] is that people with "international"
(Swedish/German/French?/etc) keyboards find it takes a bit of acrobatics
to type the combination of '[:'.

One possible drawback with using (:directive:) is that might look like a
bunch of smileys around the directives.

So it's certainly not easy coming up with a good solution :-)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr