[Pmwiki-users] Few questions.

Fred B. fredb7
Wed Oct 6 21:04:04 CDT 2004

As this is my first post to this list, let me salute you all and thanks
pm and everybody involved in PmWiki.
I tried A LOT of wikis and none suited my needs until I found PmWiki.

In my excitement, I didn't notice that there was a version 2 before I
set it all up and made a couple of pages in PmWiki 1.
Stupid me. So I had to reinstall everything, but I thought it was
better to use version 2 before I had hundreds of pages done.
Installation and upgrades are quite easy anyway.

So, now, I'm using PmWiki 2.0Devel11 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.5,
Apache/1.3.29 and PHP/4.3.2

Here are a few things I can't figure out or can't find informations
about.
Please, excuse me if I'm asking something obvious and for my poor
english.

1)
I can't use accented letters in WikiLinks, when I try to save a page
with a name including accent (?,?,?,...) I get:
"Warning: fopen(wiki.d/Main.T?te,new): failed to open stream: Invalid
argument in /pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 426
PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot write page to Main.T?te (wiki.d/Main.T?te)...changes not saved
We are sorry for any inconvenience."

I tried to include xlpage-utf-8.php, but then I get:

"Parse error: parse error in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki/local/config.php on line 87
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /pmwiki/local/config.php:87) in /pmwiki/pmwiki.php
on line 551"

It was working in PmWiki 1 and I know it's working here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageN%E4me

So, what am I missing?
----

2)
[:include PageName#1#10:] is not working. It's not working on
PmWiki2-Devel site neither
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/Directives

----
3)
It tooks me time to figure this one out, as it involved 2 pretty
complex advanced tables with [:include Page:]'s, but I finally reduce
it to something really simple to explain (thanks god ;).

When using more than 8 [:include SomePage:] on a page, "include
Main.GroupFooter" appears at the bottom of the page.
And starting at 9 [:include SomePage:] , they are not resolved anymore
and "include SomePage" appears instead + "include Main.GroupHeader"
appears at the top.

I tried it on PmWiki2-Devel site and it's the same, except the problems
started after 9 and 10 [:include SomePage:] (?)

Is this a known limitation?
----

Thanks again for your work.
If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

--
Fred