[list] Re: [Pmwiki-users] Few questions.

Fred B. fredb7
Mon Oct 11 18:03:42 CDT 2004

On 11-oct.-04, at 15:32, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 05:03:51AM +0200, Fred B. wrote:
>> So, now, I'm using PmWiki 2.0Devel11 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.5,
>> Apache/1.3.29 and PHP/4.3.2
>> [...]
>> I can't use accented letters in WikiLinks, when I try to save a page
>> with a name including accent (?,?,?,...) I get:
>> "Warning: fopen(wiki.d/Main.T?te,new): failed to open stream: Invalid
>> argument in /pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 426
>
> Weird.  It seems to work on pmwiki.org (see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Main/T?te).  On your system,
> either PHP or Mac OS X appears to be having trouble saving the file
> because of the accented character--but I don't understand why that
> would
> be a problem.
>
> Just to confirm--you say it worked in PmWiki 1 on your system?  That's
> really strange.
>
> Try adding the following line to your config.php and let me know
> if it fixes things:
>
>    setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US');
>
> Pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your answer.
In the mean time I switched to PHP 5.0.1 and since yesterday to PmWiki
2 Devel 12.

Still the same problem, except that the error message has changed to:

"PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot write page to Main.T?te (wiki.d/Main.T?te)...changes not saved
We are sorry for any inconvenience."

And here is what's in the log:
"[error] PHP Warning:  fopen(wiki.d/Main.T?te,new) [<a
href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream:
Invalid argument in /Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
line 426"
(Looks the '?' is not recognized properly.)

I tried with PmWiki 1 and it doesn't work neither, although I was
pretty sure it did. I tried a lot of wikis before I found PmWiki, and
it looks like I was confusing with another, sorry for that.

When i put "setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US');" in config.php, the wiki doesn't
load anymore, the page is blank.

I don't see how it could be related to OS X. Maybe I should enable
something in php.ini?
I still search about it. All clues are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

--
Fred B.