[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.devel13 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 14 04:58:35 CDT 2004

Without yet making any evaluation of the overall proposal, here's one
item that popped into my head while scanning this...

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:25:58AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> - take WikiWords and make the page name as Wiki_Words; this
>   avoids the serious problem of WikiWords and Wiki_Words
>   becoming different pages

I think this may just shift us to a different set of problems and
set of exceptions... For example, PmWiki suddenly becomes Pm_Wiki,
JohnMacDonald becomes John_Mac_Donald, NetWare and GroupWare become
Net_Ware and Group_Ware, etc.

> I am happy to test this as a local customisation, but at
> the moment the page name maker function hard-wires the
> 'upshift and remove spaces' algorithm. Is there any
> chance we might be able to give an alternative a trial?

The page name maker function is itself overridable via
$MakePageNameFunction, so it ought to be possible to generate
names according to any algorithm desired.