[Pmwiki-users] Re: moving pmwiki to new server

Edward Chadwick edward.chadwick
Thu Oct 21 08:28:21 CDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:14:56 +0200, Gunnar Wagenknecht
<g.wagenknecht at planet-wagenknecht.de> wrote:
> Edward Chadwick <edward.chadwick at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to move an existing PmWiki installation to a new server, on
> > which I don't have root access, and which doesn't allow setting gid
> > permissions. In the new location, the directories have the wrong owner
> > (ie. me instead of the server id, nobody).
>
> If you are the owner of the files you should be able to change the ownership
> or the read/write flags for user/group/others. However, I don't suggest
> making the files world writable. Did you ask the server admin? It seems like
> a specific server issue. Maybe the server should run with your user id?

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I can't change ownership at the
moment as shell access has been temporarily disables by my webhost
(for all users!). Anyway, I thought I would temporarily disable
uploads until I got it sorted out, so I set $EnableUploads=0; in
config.php, and now I get error messages all the time.

I tried it on another wiki as well, and the same thing happened. Even
after I restored the config file to its previous state, the error
messages persist. Do I need to 'reset' something after changing upload
permissions?

The error is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/home/echadwic/public_html/pmwiki/local/config.php:88) in
/home/echadwic/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 404

and you can see it here: http://echadwick.net/wiki

PmWiki version is 1.011.

Thanks,

Ed Chadwick.