[Pmwiki-users] moving pmwiki to new server

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 21 08:42:22 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:04:03PM -0400, Edward Chadwick wrote:
> Unfortunately, this didn't work for the uploads directory, and I now
> get the error message
>   Cannot create ~/public_html/pmwiki/uploads
>   Current directory is /home/myusername/public_html/pmwiki
> even though the uploads directory exists and has user and group 'nobody'.
>
> What should I do?

>From the error message above, it looks as though somewhere you're
setting a directory variable (probably $UploadDir) to a path name
that begins with a tilde.  PHP doesn't understand tilde to mean "home
directory" (and even if it did, it'd end up being the home directory
of user 'nobody' since that's who the script is running as).

You need to change that path setting to be either just 'uploads' or
else the full path name (i.e., '/home/myusername/public_html/pmwiki/uploads'),
and then PmWiki shouldn't complain any more.