[Pmwiki-users] More translation-issues.

Philip Jägenstedt philip
Sun Oct 24 11:14:38 CDT 2004

Hello!

I've found two more issued with translation:

1. The RecentChanges-pages. It would be nice to be able to translate the
name of the page to something more appropriate in a non-english
language. If translating the page name is not feasible, then perhaps a
method of setting the displayed heading on the RecentChanges page? Also,
the date and "by" are not translated in the list of recent changes. I
fixed this by putting
$CurrentTime = strftime(FmtPageName('$TimeFmt',$pagename),$Now);
after my XLPage() call in config.php and also setting
$RecentChangesFmt = array(
   'Main.AllRecentChanges' =>
     '* [[$Group.$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink',
   '$Group.RecentChanges' =>
     '* [[$Group/$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink');

Integrating these or equivialent fixes into pmwiki2-devel would be
appreciated. An anticipated problem is the AllRecentChanges-page, where
you don't want mixed languages in a multi-language wiki.

2. I haven't found a clean way to translate the string 'Describe
[[$Group/$Name]] here.' since it contains variables to be substituted.
The only thing I can think of is putting the translations in config.php
and setting $DefaultPageTextFmt depending on the language, but that is
not so pretty.

Thanks
   // Philip