[Pmwiki-users] How to check out PmWiki 2 via CVS

chr@home.se chr
Sun Oct 24 12:03:10 CDT 2004

Hi

I thought it's time to try out PmWiki 2 and I would like to use cvs both
for maintaining my configuration files and to update/maintain the PmWiki
installation. The configuration files should of course be version
controlled to a private repository, while PmWiki is extracted from the
repository at sourceforge.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

I've started a page with my own notes on this here:
	http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Temp/InstallUsingCVS

but there are some snags at the moment.
* The directory local/ is a part of the pmwiki cvs module.
  This means you have to take some annoying extra steps to first import
  it to your repository, then release it and finally check it out.

* If you upgrade pmwiki with 'cvs update', it will try to update files
  to your local/, e.g. '.cvsignore'.

* You will also get conflict warnings for local/, e.g.

	cvs update: Updating local
	U local/.cvsignore
	cvs update: move away local/.htaccess; it is in the way
	C local/.htaccess

Because of the reasons above, it would be better if local/ was *not* part
of the pmwiki cvs module. Thoughts?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr