[Pmwiki-users] Editing long pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Oct 27 19:51:19 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:34:36PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> Having just extensively used the ____ (breakpage) markup from
> PmWiki 2 in a long page under PmWiki 1 (back-ported the recipe),
> an Edit Page that edited just the current chunk would be
> *really* useful.
>
> So I'm going to write a PITS that proposes:
> a. add ____ to the PmWiki 2 core
> b. support, but deprecate, (:breakpage:)
> c. Edit Page edits Group/Page?action=edit&p=n
> d. Save takes you to Group/Page?p=n
> e. I think the chunk edited should start with ____
> Comments?

Just a few off-the-cuff remarks:

I'm generally in favor of ____, but haven't decided on whether it should
be in the core or not.  Depends on what else it might impact.

Changing edit as described above is likely related to "edit section"
feature discussed in previous threads, and it may also end up being
related to an "add comments" feature, since they're all instances
of editing and/or replacing segments of an existing page.

Along with that, be careful with the ?p=n component--you have to be
sure to handle the case where someone else has added or removed ____'s
from the page while you're editing one of the chunks.  :-)