[Pmwiki-users] page field extraction

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Thu Oct 28 13:35:58 CDT 2004

Another feature, I have to implement within the next time is the extraction
of fields like it's done in PITS.
I know there is also the FTS implementation, but for now I'm using the
editbox to enter the "fields" (e.g. lines in the format

"fieldname even with blanks:: field value"

Any other unique format is ok also.

(I dont need a form-input - yet)

The "fields" are displayed with dotted borders (css class pagefield), so
one can recognize it's a field.
What I need now is a way to extract certain fields from a group (not
wiki-groups but specified by regex-matches) of pages and to order and
filter them and then display them in a table.

Sounds more of a task for a database, but I will use pmwiki's possibility
to link these "datarecords" more flexible and I don't need millions of
pages to be extracted - so performance is not the problem. And as far as I
analysed pmwiki.php there is a pretty easy way to expand the
post-edit-activities so that a prefiltering / external storing of the
fields (e.q. sqllist / extra text  etc) is possible to.

I will grap some code from :pagelist: / :searchfield: and pits.php and
combine this to a new module.
I plan to use simple markups first like
(:fieldlist definition-name:)
which outputs a predefined "field-view". This has to be defined in
config.php in an array like

$PageFields["defname"]  = array( pagematch => ... fields => ..., filter =>

maybe later on I will transfer some of the definitions into the markup.

So again my question: is there anything out there implemented (or planned)
(except FTS) ?
Any interest / remarks on that ?

Knut