[Pmwiki-users] Re: New version of PmWikiDraw

chr@home.se chr
Sun Oct 31 06:13:28 CST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Ciaran wrote:

Hi Ciaran,

maybe I should first say that I'm looking forward to using this plugin,
and that I hope you'll take my points below as suggestions and/or
constructive critisism. So if it sounds all bad, that's not my intention,
I'm just trying to make it clearer for the next person who wants to
install it.

> Has anyone actually tried installing this yet?

Oh, it might be better to rename PmWikiDraw.php to pmwikidraw.php in case
you keep it directly in local/. Otherwise it'd be executed if you have a
wiki group called PmWikiDraw.

At first I didn't find an example for the markup on the cookbook page,
perhaps you could place it in an 'Example' section?

And maybe add a separate section explaing how it works, how and where
drawings are stored etc.

As for the third installation step:
* It's not such a great idea to modify inside uploads.php, the changes
  will be overwritten when you upgrade. You could try and ask Patrick for
  a workaround.

* I think you should add that it's in the end of the function
  HandlePostUpload() that we need to make a minor change.

* You write:
	Search for the following two lines:
	Redirect($pagename, '$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result");

  but that's one one line. (I assume it's a type).

	And replace them with these lines
	$noredirect =""; $noredirect = @$_POST['noredirect']; if($noredirect == "" || !isset($noredirect)) {
	Redirect($pagename,'$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result");
	}

* Please fix the formatting on the cookbook page so that it's more obvious
  what the change actually does. Perhaps somethign like this:

  We need to modify the behaviour of the post-load action so that it
  does not redirect if a parameter 'noredirect' is given.
  Therefore replace

  Redirect($pagename,
    '$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result");

  witch

  $noredirect ="";
  $noredirect = @$_POST['noredirect'];
  if($noredirect == "" || !isset($noredirect)) {
    Redirect($pagename,
      '$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result");
  }

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr