[Pmwiki-users] Re: Emacs and simultaneous edits

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Oct 31 12:35:45 CST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 08:15:56PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Right now I can only edit existing pages using pmwiki-mode. If I try to
> create a new page, the emacs buffer shows this:
> 	<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index:  text in
> and the response of the http-post action pasted at the end.
>
> Any ideas? Does pmwiki-mode have to do something differently when trying
> to edit a page that does not already exist?

No, the issue is PHP's silly habit of returning warnings whenever the
program attempts to access a non-existent index in an array, combined
with the fact that the pmwiki-devel releases have error notices turned
on.  I'll need to add an '@' in front of the expression on line 1018
(done, will be in next release).

> <b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index:  HTTP_USER_AGENT in

This indicates that your program isn't sending a User-Agent: header
when it does the POST of the text.  I don't know if that's absolutely
required, but I'll go ahead and configure PmWiki to not give the warning
if it's not there.