[Pmwiki-users] CVS attachments

Larry Baltz larry+pmwiki
Wed Sep 15 19:41:36 CDT 2004

Hi,

First of all, a word of thanks to Patrick and everyone else who has
contributed to pmwiki.  It's been a great help in setting up my
church's web site, and I really appreciate the thoughtful and flexible
structure.

Now to the point of the mail; I'm running a couple of wikis (MediaWiki
at work and PMWiki for my church) and one of the things that user's
complain about is maintaining large tables.

To address this I have started work on integrating CSV tables into
PMWiki 2.  I have a working prototype at:

  <http://larry1.baltz.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox>

Wiki syntax is

  [:attachcsv filename.csv'tableattribute=vale attribute2=value2':]

You can try this out and I would appreciate feed back.  It's currently
quite a hack, so comments on syntax, integration, compatibility and
such would be appreciated.  There's also a link to the source code
there as well so code review comments would be great too.

One particular issue I ran into was dealing with the upload extension
list.  I would like to extend the one from the upload module instead of
having to redefine the entire list to add one entry, but it wasn't
clear how this should be done, so some help here would be great.

Thanks,

Larry