[Pmwiki-users] fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Sep 18 21:39:17 CDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 01:42:49AM +0700, Pham Cong Dinh wrote:
> ... I also
> just found the way to install it on my Linux host. I deleted wiki.d
> folder on the server which pmwiki created. Instead, I created a new
> wiki.d folder manually (not uploaded), executing chmod 777 and retried.
> So, It works.

I'm a little confused by the above, so I'd like some clarification
so I can fix the install procedure in later versions.  Normally
the wiki.d file isn't uploaded, but is created the first time that
PmWiki is run (after the permissions on the directory containing
pmwiki.php are set to 777).  Are you saying that PHP safe mode was
complaining about the wiki.d directory that PmWiki created, or did
you somehow "upload" a wiki.d directory from somewhere else when
you first ran PmWiki on this host?