[Pmwiki-users] CSS

Knut Alboldt mailing
Tue Sep 21 03:37:49 CDT 2004

At 00:41 21.09.2004, you wrote:
>Hi...new to the list and to PMWiki, which is great.
>
>However, I'm having a problem with the CSS (which I've done before on
>other sites). I can't seem to create a class that works. I want to change
>the font, hover and other attributes of the "Edit Page" and other links at
>the top. Any advice? Can't seem to find anything in the documentation on
>just how to deal with the CSS file that's unique to PMWiki. Here's what I
>set up in the myskin.css file:
>
>#wikibutton {
>   font-size:10pt;
>   font-family:ms sans serif, arial, helvetica;
>   text-decoration:none
>}
>#wikibutton:hover {
>  font-size:10pt;
>  font-family:ms sans serif, arial, helvetica;
>  text-decoration: underline
>}
>#wikibutton:active {
>   font-size:10pt;
>   font-family:ms sans serif, arial, helvetica;
>   text-decoration:underline
>}
>#wikibutton:visited {
>   font-size:10pt.
>   font-family:ms sans serif, arial, helvetica;
>   text-decoration:underline
>}
>
>In the template file, I've added <div id="wikibutton"></div>, and I've
>added this to my config.php file:
>
>$PageSkin = 'myskin.css';
>
>Can't get anything to happen, though. Thanks for the help!
>
>Shel
> > End of Pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 31

It might be not working, cause of the missing ";" at the end of all
"text-decoration:underline"-statements.
Also    "font-size:10pt." is wrong: use a ";" instead of "."
Some browsers are very picky concerning this and even don't give you any
error messages back.
Also, I'm not sure, if it should be "#wikibutton a:active" instead of
"#wikibutton:active" etc. That depends: do you want to change Form-Buttons
or "a-link-buttons" ?

Knut