[Pmwiki-users] Another Passwords and Uploads plea.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Sep 21 14:54:44 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 02:47:38PM -0600, Mark Crane wrote:
> Hi, I've been reading the archives but haven't been able to fix
> uploads or password verification.  I have this running on OS X.  The
> only other thing that I've done was set up a couple of aliases in
> httpd.conf so the urls would look a little cleaner.  Everything seems
> to be working except for uploads and the ?action=attr feature.  I
> thank you in advance for any help you might render.
> [...]
> ## perhaps it is a server config error on my part...
> $EnableDiag=1

You're missing a semicolon here.

> $PubDirUrl - 'http://complicity.uvsc.edu/englishwiki/pub

This should probably be (note = instead of -, missing semicolon)

    $PubDirUrl = 'http://complicity.uvsc.edu/englishwiki/pub';

> $EnableUpload = 1;
> $EnableUploadOverwrite = 0;
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('');

If you want to allow anyone to upload without a password, use

    $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '';

See if those help.