[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 1.0.10 released

Ciaran ciaranj
Wed Sep 22 01:34:14 CDT 2004

Hmm, Perhaps my 'upgrade' was incorrect.  I coped the 0.10 pmwiki.php,
wikilib and scripts directory *over* my working 0.6 installation and
set the flag as described in my local config.  However I can't see any
evidence of the caching?

Should some meta-tags be in the resultant html? Perhaps my
upgrade-path was incorrect? If I modify the .tmpl for the wiki I'm
using, the changes *do* show up, which suggests that caching is not
working for me?

Any Ideas?
- Ciaran

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:51:42 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've just released version 1.0.10 of PmWiki.  This release changes
> the headers that PmWiki sends to control browsers' local caches, and
> allows PmWiki to not have to regenerate a page or resend it when
> the browser already has an up-to-date version in the browser cache.
> This somewhat reduces server bandwidth and processing requirements,
> and provides a smoother, faster user experience.
>
> To enable this form of caching, set $EnableIMSCaching=1; in a local
> customization file.  Note that with this value set, PmWiki will allow
> browsers to use cached copies of pages until a page (any page) is
> modified in the wiki.
>
> In particular, if caching is enabled then hitting reload in a browser
> window will not show the effects from changes to local customization
> files or page layout templates.  This is why the caching is disabled
> by default -- so the effects of the cache won't totally confuse new
> wiki administrators who hit reload and don't see any effect to their
> changes.
>
> Note also that this enables page caching in browsers--it does not try to
> cache them on the server.   There are some user-contributed recipes in the
> Cookbook that do various forms of page caching; I don't know if this new
> caching feature will interfere with those recipes.  Your mileage may vary.
>
> As always, questions, comments, feedback welcome.
>
> Pm
>
> --

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)