[pmwiki-users] cleanest browser entry?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Apr 6 21:08:07 CDT 2005

easiest is to change pmwiki.php to index.php

That one line answer gets you ugly urls
(www.somedomain.com/index.php/Main/Homepage) but is better than some
configs.

There is a cookbook entry for cleaner URLs on the website. see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls

My favorite is to change the wrapper to "wiki" then create an .htaccess
file in the wikifield that has:
DirectoryIndex wiki
<Files wiki>
SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

if the .htaccess and wiki wrapper are in the base directory of the url,
somedomain.com gets you straight to the wiki wrapper and subsequent
pages should appear as www.somedomain.com/wiki/Main/Homepage

I am trying out the other method with the rewrite on for the first time
as an experiment on my laptop, trying to decide whether I like it.

On Apr 6, 2005, at 9:08 PM, John W Morris wrote:

> What is the cleanest way to bring a browser user into a Wiki Farm
> without making them type something like:
> www.somedomain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> best case the user would simply type domainname.com and they are in
> the wiki.
>
> A link off a main index.html page would work but seems sloppy.  Always
> hated the "click to enter" thing.

  Crisses
--
The criticism has been raised--from both inside and outside the mental
health professions--that psychotherapy can be viewed as an attempt to