[pmwiki-users] problem with PostItNotes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 7 22:50:23 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:18:41PM -0700, Eric Appleton wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I noticed there is a problem using PostItNotes with
> IE. Has anyone figured out a workaround for this
> problem?
>
> My home page looks good with Firefox, but in IE all of
> the main text is pushed below the notes. Any ideas?
>
> Here is the PostItNotes page:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PostItNotes
>
> And here is the page I'm working on:
> http://www.glcnyc.org/wiki/wiki.php/Wiki/HomePage2
>
> Any ideas?

The PostItNotes recipe is apparently generating tables for
the individual notes, and those <table>s are being incorrectly
placed inside of paragraph <p>...</p> tags (which makes for
invalid HTML which IE is  having trouble displaying).

This particular problem was fixed in 2.0.beta18 (you appear to
be running 2.0.beta13), so upgrading to a later version of
PmWiki should fix it.