Fwd: Re: [pmwiki-users] Is there a way to tell if anyone is editing a wiki page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 15:17:36 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:12:01PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> Many times in the little while I ran this wiki, I noticed people saving
> pages without noticing [all of] the merge brackets. It gets ugly, lemme
> tell ya.

Yes, I can imagine.  Hey, here's another thought -- how about if
we only generate the "someone is editing the page" message if that
person's edit came with value set for Author (i.e., the edit is
non-anonymous).  This would help to distinguish between edits coming
from humans versus robots.

In other words, an anonymous edit doesn't ever generate the message,
but an edit from someone with an "Author" value set does.  Is that
a worthwhile improvement?

Given the amount of positive discussion on this point I'll probably
code up a cookbook recipe for it soon.