[pmwiki-users] Re: Change summary field / edit page results

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri Apr 15 17:25:28 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:43:06PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>(Heck, PmWiki doesn't even have a "Change summary" field.)
>
> Actually, I'm planning to change that before the 2.0 release.
> In fact, here's my current thinking on the edit page:
>
> Definite:
>    - A change summary field
>    - Eliminate the "Reset" button
>    - Access-key shortcuts for GUI buttons

No problems here, except that I specifically don't want the shortcuts
for the GUI buttons. At least not in the core, or at least not switched
on by default; I don't favor overriding a browser's access key settings.

Besides, it's better to educate people to learn wiki markup instead of
learning access keys. (Well, that's almost certainly just me *gg*)

Anyway: I wouldn't want to see that in the core, and if it must go into
the core, I wouldn't want to see that switched on by default.

> Active consideration:
>    - Save minor edit
>    - Save and continue editing
>        My only problem with the additional save buttons is getting the
>        labels correct so that they aren't so visually misbalanced.  With
>
>              Save  Save minor edit  Save and continue editing
>        the most important button ends up being the smallest, which offends
>        my design sense somehow.

Maybe have a single "Save" button and two check boxes after that:
1) "This is a minor edit" (it should remain a checkbox - I tend to start
a minor edit and activate that minor edit setting so that I don't forget
to check it when I'm done with it, or after previewing my changes)
2) "Continue editing after save".

Regards,
Jo