[pmwiki-users] PmWiki2.0 uploads on VMS

Brehmer, Daniel brehmer at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 15 19:29:08 CDT 2005

I have been hesitating to post because I may be the only one running PmWiki on VMS, although Patrick did mention something about testing on VMS some time ago. Have you pursued that any farther? Thanks for your help previously, by the way. I discovered that the problem I was having then was from FTPing some of the scripts as binary so a junk character ended up tacked on the end.

The problem I am having now is when I put Attach:test.jpg on a page and click on the resulting link I get a blank page. Uploads were working fine under PmWiki0.6. I have $EnableDiag=1; set. 2.0.beta19 is installed here: http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/xraywiki/xraywiki.php. (Yes, I renamed PmWiki.php...) I installed 2.0.beta28 in a test directory to see if there was any difference here: http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/xraywiki/wiki2/pmwiki.php. Feel free to poke around and try to upload stuff. The upload password is xrayuser if you can get that far.

In installing PmWiki2.0beta28 I made note of a few things. First, VMS doesn't like directory names with . In them so I had to rename wiki.d and wikilib.d. It doesn't appear that there is a way I can set this in local/config.php either so I edited PmWiki.php. Is there a better way to do that? Second, it seems that all scripts except version.php have a carriage return after the closing ?>. This is enough to cause my PHP to throw the "Headers already sent" warning. The last funny thing that the new installation is doing is putting out a Ü at the start of the headers. It was putting out similar funny characters when I made the binary ftp mistake. I don't know what could be the cause now. Quite probably just something foolish, but I can't find it.

Thanks to everyone here, especially Patrick, for the great work going into PmWiki, and the great support. I am continually amazed at how on top of this you are.

Thanks for any ideas you may have,

-Dan