[Pmwiki-users-de] Re: [pmwiki-users] Word wrap problem

Hans design at flutesong.net
Tue Apr 19 11:09:21 CDT 2005

>> Maybe we can ignore
>> browsers which can't handle highlighted text?

> Assuming we can identify them, perhaps.

I meant to have the "remove indents" button only work on highlighted
text. Then it will simple not work in browsers which don't handle it.

> At any rate, I very much like the way that the wordwrap solution
> worked out on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/SampleNoWrap.  It produces
> a clean display that "makes sense", and it's pretty clear to the
> author what is happening and how it can be fixed.

> It also allows us to easily see that the text is somehow "different"
> from its surrounding text -- in this case the monospace text represents
> quotes/replies from a different person.  Simply stripping the leading
> whitespace would lose that information, where I think an editor should
> probably decide how the text should be marked up to keep the
> distinctions clear (e.g., with a wikistyle or other markup).

Still it does not look right yet. Thinking through this problem of
pasting email text into the wiki page, some of it being preformatted
or having first line indents: I would prefer to be able to strip the
leading indents, a paragraph or email pasted at a a time, by simple
button action, and then immediately use another button which applies
a custom style to the paragraph/pasted text. I would like to have a
few, perhaps up to five, custom buttons for this, each for applying a
different style, perhaps giving a different background color, or even
a different font-face.

I have not looked into the gui edit buttons before. Is it easy to
"program" a custom button with a particular wiki style?
I just remember that a style can be only applied to a paragraph,
nothing more, till divisions are introduced. But even that is probably
quite good for a quick application of custom formats.

Best,
~Hans