[pmwiki-users] Re: Word wrap problem

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Apr 20 02:15:07 CDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> All this discussion is excellent,
>
> and let me re-insert the original issue, so that it stays in focus for
> those who missed it.
>
> ====
> We want a naive user to be able to paste in email dialogue,
> which invariably has any number of lines-paras, of quote & reply levels
> which convert to white space at the beginning of lines in PMWiki
> ======

I haven't followed this discussion, but when I need to paste in stuff from
an email and don't want to bother with the formatting, I use:

	 [=
	<pasted e-mail text>
	=]

Note the space in front of o '[='... Having said that, I'd like a markup
such as:

	(:posted-text:) <optional-reference-to-original-news-thread>
	<pasted-posting-text>
	(:endposted-text:)

which does some fancy pretty prettyprinting of the pasted text.

/Christian