[pmwiki-users] UserAuth in versions higher than version 2.0.beta26

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 15:27:21 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:21:57PM -0500, Monte Padget wrote:
>    I have version 2.0.beta26 set up and running. I tried to upgrade
>    to version 2.0.beta29 last week, but the page would come up blank. Upon
>    commenting out the UserAuth lines within the local/config.php file, the
>    page would display once again.
>
>    I tried today to upgrade to version 2.0.beta32 from the original version
>    2.0.beta26 and got the same problem.
>
>    Is there an incompatibility problem that I'm unaware of? All of the rest
>    of the wiki upgraded fine.

I don't know if the UserAuth script has been upgraded to recognize
that PmWiki beta28 and later no longer has a "BasicAuth" function.
Either way, take a look at the Cookbook.UserAuth page again and
download + install the basicauth.php script and see if that solves
the problem.  If not, let us know and I'll look into it further.