[pmwiki-users] Problem with Edit conflicts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 16:42:06 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:29:30PM +0200, Dirk Blaas wrote:
> Hi there all,
>
> I am experiencing a nasty problem on my PmWiki site.
> Normally, if two people edit the same page and save, the second one to save
> will be notified of the conflict and get a chance to integrate his changes
> with those of his competitor.
> On my site at the moment after a conflict the second editor gets an empty
> editscreen, so there is no opportunity to integrate changes; in fact the
> complete page is lost when it gets saved.
> Please try and see at:
> http://mhch.care4sites.nl/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Handleiding/WikiZandbak1
> The password here is 'test'
> Anyone seen this before? The site is running beta 25 but i have tried beta
> 30 on my local machine and the problem is in there as well. Maybe some
> conflict within my config? Anyone prepared to look at it?

It looks as though your site is running in safe_mode, which prevents
PmWiki from calling the "diff3" program it needs to perform the
merges/change edits.  I need to fix the bug that produces the empty
edit screen, but for your site you'll probably need to look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimuleditWithoutPopen .