[pmwiki-users] string "include Main.GroupFooter" on every page / upload restrictions / groups / inline images / URL icons / ALT tags

list at linuxing.de list at linuxing.de
Wed Apr 20 17:36:29 CDT 2005

Hello

I've been using PmWiki for some weeks for my updated website for SpamPal.
While I don't know PHP at all but I got some support by another guy to
change the layout. My website is located at
http://spampal.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

Here are my remaining problems which can hopefully be resolved by your
answers.

"include Main.GroupFooter" :
Every page includes the string "include Main.GroupFooter" and some pages
even include the string "Main.GroupHeader"
(http://spampal.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Impressum). How can I get rid of
this?

"name of main page":
Another annoying thing is that I have to change the name of the main page
with every update. Where can I define the name permanently?

"groups & navigation"
Finally I saw a page with different groups and a different navigation bar
on the left for each group. My navigation is quite long and it would be
great to have a different menu for the manual pages. How can I define
different menus for each group?

"inline images":
I'd like to include pictures into my pages which have already been uploaded
to the server by FTP and should not be uploaded on a per page basis by
users. How can I setup a folder with such pictures and include the pictures
in my page without having to set a long path?
At the moment I have to use pictures like this: [[http://www.spampal.org |
http://spampal.de/flags/eng.gif]]
I'd prefer to use them without an absolute path: [[http://www.spampal.org |
(pictures/)eng.gif]]

"automated URL icons":
Many other wikis automatically add a small icon to an external URL. How can
I easily achieve this with PmWiki?

"ALT tags":
Is there a way to define ALT tags or to have them generated automatically
showing the file or line name?

If there's anyone (maybe a satisfied SpamPal user?) who would like to help
me tweaking my site for SpamPal, I'd really appreciate it!

--
Regards
Daniel