[pmwiki-users] Permission troubles

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Apr 24 08:13:59 CDT 2005

Hi,

I just noticed that upgrading from beta28 to beta34 wouldn't work on my
machine: I kept getting code 500 (server problem) errors, with
"premature end of script headers" notices in the Apache log.

Turned out to be a permission problem. I'm running PHP as CGI under
suEXEC, and suEXEC doesn't like executables (i.e. PHP scripts) that are
group writable.

I'm now doing not only
   chmod ugo+x `find -name "*.php"`
(to make the PHP scripts executable, so that they will work as CGI) but also
   chmod go-w `find -name "*.php"`
to make it palatable for suEXEC, as part of my PmWiki install routine.

However, I'd greatly prefer it if the .php files came out of the tarball
with the right permissions. Should I open a PITS issue for that?

Regards,
Jo