[pmwiki-users] Major save, Minor save

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 24 18:27:30 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:36:20PM -0500, Doug wrote:

> Interface suggestion: how about two save buttons instead of one
> save button and a checkbox:
>
> ÊÊÊÊÊSave major change button
> ÊÊÊÊÊSave minor change button
>
> or if the above button text will be too long then (following text in
> lowercase, buttons in CAPS)
>
> [PREVIEW] [RESET] level of change for this save [MAJOR] [MINOR]

This was/is being discussed as part of changing the overall layout
of the edit page, see

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00308
   http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-April/012536.html

As I've mentioned previously, I really like the idea of a separate
"save minor" button but the text is too long.  Several others have
commented that they prefer the checkbox.