[pmwiki-users] Re: Edit page extensions

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Apr 25 12:57:34 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:39:12AM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:33:47AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > 1.  Where should EditPage live?  I'm guessing it should live as
> > > Main.EditPage, although this could obviously be configurable.
> >
> > Have you considered having a group that's just for configuration
> > items?  Call it PmWikiConfig by default.  This would give cookbook
> > authors a standard place to put config-by-wiki configuration items.
>
> Well, so far I'm still wanting to avoid group proliferation in
> the distribution.  And somehow it seems to me that EditForm might
> logically belong in the same group as SearchWiki, AllRecentChanges, etc,
> and those probably don't belong in PmWikiConfig.

At wiki.lyx.org I've placed all those pages in the group 'Site', so you
have Site.SearchWiki, Site.AllRecentChanges etc. Feels good to me there.
Anyway, as long as it's relatively easy to decide where these
pages are found it's not such a big issue. (Althought I think there were
some manual tweaking required to get all the pages "moved" to Site/).

/Christian