[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 17:02:46 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:46:34PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> I like buttons for save, preview and cancel on top as well as below
> the edit textarea.
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EditForm4

I don't mind duplicating the save buttons at the top, but
having the checkboxes at the top seems wrong to me somehow.
Typically when I'm writing a page my textarea cursor ends up at
the bottom of the textarea, so that's the natural place for the
save and other boxes to be when I'm ready to save.  Otherwise
I have to scroll back to the top of the page to click the checkboxes.

(The widths and heights of the editboxes in the Test group have been
purposefully made smaller than normal to make it easier to see the
overall layout.  In reality, I find that in my browser I'm not able to
see the top of the edit form, the textarea, and the save buttons at the
bottom all at once, so if I need something at the top of the form
I have to scroll up to get there...)

> If there will be a PageEditForm where on can shuffle the markup
> around, it should not be a problem.

This is the most likely scenario at the moment.

> But I really would like the width of the textarea to be 100% of the
> page, and not a fixed character width.

As always this is customizable -- I may even make it customizable
in the markup instead of just in CSS.  But there's already a
request to make it customizable at a per-author level.... (sigh).  :-)