[pmwiki-users] I18n action lists

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Tue Apr 26 11:06:56 CDT 2005

I see no problem with that translation method, which is in line with the
existing.
Just one comment:
the {$Group}/$[RecentChanges] page was not treated like that till now

it was in the pmwiki template :

So I feel it is better to stay with $[$Group/RecentChanges] for page
name, in order to maintain compatibility, and also in order to have the
possibility to differentiate the display name from the page name.

regards

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:48:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
>
>>One problem remains, which is how to internationalise an action list
>>stored on wiki pages.
>
> If we go with $[phrase] syntax, we end up with something like this:
>
>     * [[{$Group}/$[RecentChanges] | $[Recent Changes]]]
>     * %newwin% [[{$FullName}?action=print | $[Printable View]]]
>     * [[{$FullName}?action=diff | $[Page History]]]
>     * [[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit Page]]]
>
> I personally don't have a problem with this -- only admins
> that want to modify the list of actions would ever have to deal with
> it or see it.  But others might have take issue -- comments?
>
> I still haven't decided if the default distribution PmWiki skin will
> use action lists stored on wiki pages, but I bet just about every other
> skin I create will use them.  It's just too nice to be able to
> say something like
>
>    <!--wiki:PmWikiAdmin.ActionList-->
>
> to display the current set of actions.
>
> Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - Aéroglisseur modèle www.aeroglisseur.com
<http://www.aeroglisseur.com>Mon petit bateau - la "souris" -
www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm <http://www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm>