[pmwiki-users] Re: Redesigning the edit page - heirarchical menus?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 29 14:13:41 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:49:19AM -0400, Martin Fick wrote:

> I suggest that we scrap the major/minor distinction
> altogether and provide better statistics about a page for
> people who want them and allow simple page history
> filtering.

There are quite a few people who do want the capability for
major/minor distinctions, which is why it's there.  But I agree
that I don't find the distinction helpful (and I never make use of
it myself).

With the new edit page capability each site administrator
will be able to choose if minor edits are relevant to the site
by including/excluding the relevant button and/or checkbox.